Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day 26, 100 Happy Days: Snow

Max deciding if the yard is sniff-worthy.
I love snow - but only if I don't have to go out into it. I love looking at it, and I love having an excuse to stay cozy and warm at home.

But today I had to get out in it to walk a dog. Now I know that dogs are super fun in the snow. But even the prospect of watching a dog frolic and play in the snow was not enough for me to want to go out. But a pet sitter's gotta do what she's gotta do, so I put on about 8 pounds of clothes and got out there.

Suddenly I was reminded of how much I LOVE to be in the snow! I don't know why I ever forget. New snow is so beautiful. I delight in being the first one to make tracks in the snow. I love how quiet it makes the world seem, and how loud my feet are as they plow through the snow.

I've got to get some nice warm boots and get out there more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?