Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day 24, 100 Happy Days: Reflecting on Beauty

"Haven" ©Tabetha Hastings
I had a lovely Christmas Eve morning. It started with writing my morning pages, and then moved on to reading the book I'm currently devouring savoring. (One way or the other I'm eating it up.)

I had just read a particularly beautiful passage, and I paused to reflect on it. I looked out the window to see a the bones of a beautiful old tree standing against the blue sky with a few happy clouds floating by. It was all framed so perfectly by the window. I wanted to paint it.

I wonder if I would have appreciated that scene if I hadn't just read some beautiful, thought provoking words. Certainly I wouldn't have even noticed it had I not paused to reflect on those words.

Art inspires art inspires art.

There is so much beauty in the world if we just take the time to slow down and see it... Savor words, pause to reflect... it can make a person happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?