Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Day 22, 100 Happy Days: Love Actually

To be honest, I really didn't want to have my happy thing come from a movie, but... that's just the way it turned out... I watched Love Actually, and it was what made me the happiest today.

I love this movie! I don't know how many times I've seen it - it's just one of those movies I like to watch around the holidays.

Even though I know the stories well, the movie never fails to make me happy.

There are the big stories where someone takes great risks for love are great: the Prime Minister going door to door to find his love; the boy who runs through the airport to say goodbye to his love; and the writer who learns another language to propose to the woman he's never really spoken to, but has fallen in love with.

Grand romance, indeed.

But even the stories that didn't work out so well are about love: the woman who looses the man she's in love with because she won't set boundaries with her mentally ill brother. And the man who falls in love with his best friend's bride. The message in both of those stories is that there is value simply in loving. Love can be bumpy and doesn't always work out the way you want - romantic or otherwise. But it's always there if you look for it.

That makes me very happy. And hopeful for humankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?