Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 17, 100 Happy Days: Free Coffee and Holiday Cheer

It was a dreary, overcast day in Denver.... I really could have used some sunshine today. All I wanted to do was to go home and climb back into bed. But, no rest for the weary. I had one more errand to run before heading out to teach a class tonight; I had to stop at Whole Foods.

It was late afternoon, and Whole Foods was kind of a zoo. Luckily (or not), I was too cold/tired/apathetic to get irritated with the other shoppers. (I suffer greatly from GSSSS: Grocery Store Shopping Stress Syndrome.) I trudged through, and got in line to check out. I chatted with the checker and silently noted that I sounded far more chipper than I felt. Which is good - I'm not a fan of spreading misery around.

As I was about to leave she said "Oh, did I mention that they're giving away free coffee in the parking lot? You can get coffee, hot chocolate, a latte... anything you want."

YES.

I headed out to the super cool Allegro Coffee truck, where I was greeted by a super nice lady. I asked for a mocha. They were playing Christmas songs. Everyone seemed happy. The lady handed me my mocha and said how nice it was to give stuff away. And then she gave me a stocking made by L.I.F.E Line. The tag says that it's "made by mums in Kenya" and that it "serves to protect elephants and rhinos against the devastating ivory trade".

All of this is just what the doctor ordered. Exactly what I needed. Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?