Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happiness Project Day 69: Tax Day!!


Okay, I know that tax day does not SEEM like something that would normally cause someone joy, but when you're a procrastinator of the first order, tax day is a dream. It's where the rubber meets the road. It separates the girls from the women. (Okay, I'm laying it on a bit thick, but you get the idea.)
I can't tell you the number of times I've been at the one post office in the area that has a late night pickup. It's cold, late, sometimes it's snowing... but there's always a feeling of camaraderie between the last minute filers. My people!!
Today, however, my goal was to skip the drama and get to the post office before it closed. But... I would have had to rush the finalizing of the forms, and that is never a good idea. So instead I did the dreaded online filing. I say dreaded because I've done it in the past and it was a major pain. I vowed never to do it again. I was happy to see that things have improved since my last experience.

So, I was done with my taxes before 7pm, and I've just been maxing and relaxing for the rest of the evening. Oh happy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?