Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happiness Project Day 70: My Car Started

"Embracing the Solitude" ©Tabetha Hastings
I must say, the first part of my day was pretty rough - my car wouldn't start. Yeah, I know, dead batteries happen. But... my mom was my go-to person for car stuff. She would provide rescue, the phone number for roadside assistance, or just a voice of reason in a stressful situation. And she would push me into doing car maintenance - something I'm lousy at. She would remind me to check my oil and if she didn't think I was doing it (which I rarely would), she would go do it for me. I miss her, and I miss having that support.

Added to that is the fact that my car is a bit of a clunker, and I'm always worried about it breaking down. Car repairs are just not in the budget at the moment.

So there I was today - car wouldn't start, lights wouldn't even turn on, it wouldn't turn over, nothing. And the battery is new. I did not have high hopes that it would take a jump - I was certain it was something more serious. So imagine my joy when the roadside assistance guy gave me a jump and my car started! Then, imagine my double joy when I turned it off and it started up again!!

I'll take my happiness where I can find it. Some days I'm just happy to have my car start up.

By the way, I didn't have a picture to put with this post. I thought I'd just post one of my paintings, and since I'm missing my mom so terribly today, I chose the above painting with the ironic title. Seems to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?