Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 41: Living Alone, Cooking For One, and Miles Davis

"Vino" ©Tabetha Hastings
Being alone is so underrated. I often take living alone for granted. I come home, get on my computer, get to work. Or get to Facebook. My mind is going going going, so I'm not appreciating the reality of my own time and space.
But tonight, I took a break. I put on some Miles Davis, had a glass of wine, and enjoyed cooking myself dinner.
Now, those who know me well, know that I do not like to cook. But that's not exactly true. I tend to get caught up in what I'm doing, and I don't like to take brakes to do some pesky thing like cooking. But also... I just don't like to cook for other people. I don't like the pressure for things to turn out well, or the multitasking of trying to carry on a conversation while trying to make things taste good and keep them from burning all at the same time. It's just too much for me!
But when I'm alone (and can break free from computer) it's really nice. So my bit of happiness today was fully enjoying my solitude, my cooking, my wine, and my Miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?