Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 34: Napping When Necessary, and iPhone Do Not Disturb Setting

Sure, self employment can be scary as all get-out. No regular paycheck, no paid time off... (If I went on with all the bad things about working for myself, this would cease to be a blog about happiness!)

One of the many things that I love about working for myself is the fact that I can (usually) keep my crazy hours. I can work all night, sleep for a few hours, work some more, then go back to bed for a bit in the afternoon.

I'll be honest; I felt like absolute crap today. And the only thing that really made me happy was the fact that my office is 20 feet from my bed, and I could - and did - lie down whenever I felt like it.

Also, I love the "do not disturb" function on my iPhone. It's like I have a secretary holding my calls. And my texts. And since it doesn't actually block them from coming through (just silences the phone completely), I can wake up and glance at my phone to see what went on while I was sleeping. No calls or no texts means that I can perhaps sleep a wee bit more, should I feel the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?