Friday, February 28, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 23: Coffee!!

The perfect cup of coffee. (That's nutmeg in there, not grounds!)
This morning I  sat up in bed and thought; I could have coffee!! 

Now, I know for some people this is a no-brainer - coffee is, after all, a lifestyle. And even a necessity. But not for me. Since I'm able to set my own hours I rarely have to get up and get moving right away. So, coffee is more of an occasional thing; something to be savored slowly and enjoyed thoroughly.
I get on coffee kicks and will have it every day for awhile, then not touch it for weeks.
But once I realized that I currently have all the fixings for a really good cup of coffee - I was happy (and I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet!

Immediately Pharrell's "Happy" song jumped into my head, but instead of happy, I was singing coffee.
'Cause I want coffeeeeee.... clap along if coffee tastes good to you.... cause I want coffeeeee... clap along if coffiness is the truth; coffeeee coffeeee coffeeee cooffeee...
(You get the point.)

Anyway, I'm off to a great start!

And by the way, for my perfect cup of coffee, I prefer French Roast, organic half and half, agave nectar or honey, and some sort of spice like turmeric, cinnamon or nutmeg. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?