Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 94, 100 Happy Days: Silence

First Friday is a lot of fun. It's a giant party in my studio once a month.

Tonight between the two studios there were roughly sixteen artists. Most of them had friends or family members helping out. Then there were the usual gallery hoppers, people on dates, friends stopping by, regulars, partiers, a dude in a gas mask... hundreds of people.

It was loud, and it can be a lot for an introvert like me - or perhaps it's less an introvert thing and more a highly sensitive person thing. In either case it can be overwhelming. Sometimes I handle it better than others. Tonight it was quite tiring.

It was so good to get home and listen to the silence.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do understand you! I am also introvert. However, I love from time to time to visit such a noisy parties, as after them I value my silence even more than before:)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?