Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day 79, 100 Happy Days: A Job Well Done


Painty fingers. This after washing them once.
I had a very satisfying class tonight. Ten people, most of whom had never painted showed up to paint water lilies.

They were open to learning and exploring the paint - they had "beginner's minds", which is really a wonderful thing. 
A couple of women came in stressed out and left blissed out (that always makes me happy). Everyone really seem to enjoy themselves and liked their paintings.

But the best part was when someone said thank you for helping me see that I can paint. As odd as this may sound; I think that's one of the best compliments that I can get as a teacher. Because I teach much less than I guide. I do believe that we are all born artists, but that we forget. My job is to help people remember. So, when they do remember I have done a good job.

And that makes me happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?