Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 70, 100 Happy Days: Breaking My Own Rules

Back in December I decided to blog on one thing that made me happy a day for 100 days straight. My rule has been: If I forget to blog one day (and especially if I just blow it off), I have to go back to day one and start all over again. Needless to say, I've had motivation to keep blogging.
However, it can be a source of stress. I love looking for, finding, or creating things that make me happy, and I like blogging about them. But given my crazy schedule, the blogging part can be just one more thing to fit in before I go to bed. I often get home pretty late, and even when I'm home I tend to work until I drop; which means that sometimes I blog with one eye open. Other times I remember as I'm drifting off to sleep, and have to get out of bed to do it.

Last night I came home wiped out. I decided that sleep was far more important than this blog, so I made a conscious decision to give myself a break, and skip a day of blogging.

My rules, I can break 'em! And it felt damn good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?