Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 19, 100 Happy Days: Kids Painting Class



Today I taught a class full of kids.
My classes are usually for adults, although every once in awhile a kiddo or two will show up. But this? This was eighteen kiddos! A whole different ballgame. They were ages 8-13, and they were awesome!

Kids are really fun to teach. I love how free they are with the paint, and how willing they are to do their own thing. They look at the original painting, take my instruction, and then unabashedly put their own spin on it. Very cool.

They try new things, take risks, and aren't afraid to shake it up. We could all learn something from them.

Watching these kids go definitely made me happy today.

"All children are born artists, the problem is to remain an artist as we grow up.” – Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?