Friday, May 16, 2014

Happiness Project Day 99:Being In The Moment Even In Rush Hour Traffic

Crosstown Traffic ©Tabetha Hastings
It is really nice to see how far I've come.

I was running late today - a common occurrence in my world - but today was ridiculous. I live 10 minutes from my studio (in rush hour traffic) but I had to go across town to get supplies before my 6:30 class. It was so late by the time I left my apartment that I thought I'd be lucky if students weren't waiting for me. (Forget about time to set up for the class.)

But despite all of that, I remained calm for the entire drive. I did not beat myself up for leaving so late, nor did I scream at other drivers. I was able to remain present and enjoy the drive. The trees were lovely in the late afternoon sun. (Sorry no tree pics, but I was driving, after all.)

That is progress, and progress makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?