Saturday, May 17, 2014

Happiness Project Day 100: I'm Done!!

Celebrating Day 100 with a glass of wine!
It may sound a bit like a cop-out to have today's happy thing be the fact that I'm finished with this project, but really... it made me happy to think about it today!

It has been quite the adventure, and the fact that I stuck with it (or anything for that matter) for 100 days is astounding.

I would definitely recommend it to... well to anyone and everyone, really. But particularly to anyone who is going through a rough patch. This project pulled me out of a depression. Some days were harder than others, but the fact that I had to look for something to be happy about made me appreciate the little things that may have otherwise gone unnoticed. Some days I had to make something happy happen. Sometimes that meant taking a walk, or even searching for a song that I like.

As good as this has been, I'm happy to move on to the next thing. And of course, I'll keep looking for things that make me happy. I've regained my footing, and focusing on happy things is again second nature for me.

And now, here is Tina Turner singing a Joni Mitchell song with Herbie Hancock. Fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?