Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happiness Project Day 96: Growing Together

(As yet) untitled, and in progress ©Tabetha Hastings
With a few exceptions, I try really hard not to put anything too personal into these blog posts. Pretty much anything having to do with friends or dating is off limits. I might write about what happened, or how I felt about it, but the who is left out (except for one or two posts early on).
This means that often the happiest thing in my day does not make the cut. Or it makes it, but key details must be left out to protect the - ahem - innocent.

With that in mind, my bit of happiness today came from visiting with an old friend and realizing how great it is to have long term friendships. I'm lucky to have some peeps who have been with me through thick and thin over the course of many years.

Perspective is everything, and when enough time passes we can stand back and see how far we've come.  We have both changed and grown, and now stand in a different place than we once did. It's nice when two people can grow together as friends instead of apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?