Friday, May 9, 2014

Happiness Project Day 92: Feeling Solid

Today's bit of happiness didn't come from thing or an event, directly. It's more of a feeling that comes more from the knowledge that the older I get, the more sure I am in my beliefs. I've become stronger and less afraid of other people's (possible) disapproval of me.

Maggie Kuhn said "Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes." This is getting easier and easier to do. I am speaking more, and my voice is shaking less these days.

Part of this is from getting older, it's true. In some ways life really does begin at forty. But this sureness of self also comes from introspection, solitude, having a rich creative life, and writing. I write to explore my inner world. I write to figure out who I am, what I want, and who I want to be. And I write to just get the thoughts and ideas out of my head.

Above is a picture of my writing... several layers of it. Seeing it like that makes me realize that is how my brain feels sometimes before I write: a jumbled mess! Then I pour the words from my brain onto the paper and I feel so much better.

So, I'm happy to have writing as one of my outlets, and I'm happy to feel solid in my beliefs. My foundation feels strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?