Monday, May 5, 2014

Happiness Project Day 88: Making Art for Art's Sake

I've come to realize that I have a hard time working on certain paintings during Paint Club. Specifically, any painting to which I feel attached. This means that if I'm creating something to sell, it's difficult for me to work on, simply because I find it hard to focus when other people are around. So, I save those pieces for when I'm working alone in my studio (although sometimes it's even hard to focus when I'm alone).

Because of this, Paint Club has become an "art for art's sake" thing for me - which is wonderful. When you create art for a living, it can feel like a job from time to time. It's good to get back to doing art for the fun of it.


This is a collage that I've been fiddling around with for awhile. It's fun to tear paper and paste it on... it's really re-imagining another artist's work. So I cut, tear, paste, draw and paint on this thing. I've got no particular place that I'm going with this, just having fun. And fun = happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?