Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 50: Halfway There!!

Look at this matched set!
Today I am really happy just to have made it through 50 days of this project! Normal routine aside, 50 days of anything in a row is tremendous for the girl who is consistent only in her inconsistency.

It occurred to me yesterday that people may think that I'm happy all the time now. Tra-la-la, little old me, skipping along with not a care in the world.
Nope. Not the case, not at all. I'm most definitely not happy all the time. But I'm not sad all the time either, and I was sad a good lot of the time before I started this. Actually... I'm not sad that much at all. I'd say that I raised my overall vibration. My bad moments aren't all that bad right now.

The thing about happiness, is that it's only in the moment. And the memory of a moment, or anticipation of a moment. Same with sadness - nothing lasts. So, I look for something that makes me happy, and really feel it. I enjoy it, and I milk it for all it's worth. Then later, I write about it so that I can feel happy all over again. By the way - this is one reason I'm blogging about it rather than just posting a photo with a few words to Facebook or the 100happydays.com site. Writing about it puts me there in the moment again.

Something else that has been huge in this process is changing my environment. I know it's hard if you're not doing so well, but it really helps. My daily walks with the little dude in the picture have taken me outside of myself and shifted my focus to the broader perspective.

Bottom line: happiness can take some effort, and it's worth it.

Day 50 Bonus: First song of my morning walk today.  

What a beautiful world this will be, what a glorious time to be free...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?