Friday, March 14, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 36: Possibly the Best Salad EVER

Look: I make a good salad. I just do. You won't hear me brag much on food that I've made because I don't really cook. I can do a mean breakfast, and a mean salad, and that's it.

So when I say that this is possibly the BEST salad ever? You better believe it. What makes it even better (healthier), is that there is no meat or dressing.

If you happen to be interested in assembling this deliciousness for yourself, here's what went into it:

  • Greens (Whatever greens you like. I got the Organics Mixed Baby Greens from Safeway.)
  • Chopped red bell pepper
  • Sliced red onions
  • White button mushrooms
  • Gorgonzola*
  • Asparagus
  • Carrots (Regulation. None of that nasty baby carrot crap for me.)
  • Ciabatta or bread of choice. Lightly toasted.

I sauteed the onion, pepper and mushroom in olive oil, then placed them on the greens, and topped the whole shebang with gorgonzola. Serve with asparagus on the side (boil in shallow water until you can pierce it with a fork), and a carrot.
Heaven. 

*I don't recommend the crumbles in the plastic tub - they've got extra ingredients to keep them crumbly. I get the Montforte brand at Sprouts. It's good and reasonably priced. It's messier to deal with, but tastes SO much better.

1 comment:

Thoughts?