Friday, March 7, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 29: My Neti Pot

For those of you who are not familiar, a Neti pot is basically an old fashioned sinus rinser thingamajig. Here I am pictured with my Neti pot; however I am not actually using it. Had I actually been using it, water would have been running out of a nostril, and frankly, my ego would not allow me to take THAT particular picture.

When I was growing up, my mother had a Neti pot. But she never told me what it was for, and I never asked. Some things you just don't want to know the answer to. Who KNOWS what she did with that mysterious contraption with the weird name? I figured it was one of those "You're too young to know what that is" situations. (Like my best friend when I was 8. I saw a hot water bottle in her linen closet once and asked what it was. She said her mom had told her that she'll find out when she's older.)

Anyway, years went by and I finally found out what a Neti pot was thanks to Oprah and Dr. Oz. A woman from the audience was brave enough to get onstage and pour water into one nostril and out the other into a basin.  In front of a live audience and eight gazillion people. More power to you, sister.

Even though it looked pretty gross, I decided that it would be a good thing for me and my long suffering sinuses. And lo and behold it was! I'm telling you it's a wonderful thing. I actually feel rejuvenated after I do it.

So today, I was happy to locate my Neti pot and the salts that go with it. And happy to feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?