Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 21: No Such Thing As Coincidence

Okay, I know it's not much, and it may seem crazy, but this piece of trash made me very happy today. (Yup, weird.)

But here's the thing: at first glance, I thought it was a dead bird. I was very happy to find that it was NOT a dead bird. Then I realized that for a piece of trash, it looked remarkably like a bird (more so in person - or perhaps in the moment). And I just happened to be on my way to teach a class on painting birds. Coincidence? No such thing in my book. For me, this little piece of garbage was a sign that I'm on the right track; that I'm coming back to life.  :D

A few other things that made me happy today: Watching David Byrne cover Biz Markie's "Just a Friend", finding that someone in my class had left me a big tip, and getting the last parking spot behind my building. It was a good day.


Day 21 Bonus (and definitely more entertaining than trash): Paul Rudd and Jimmy Kimmel lip sync competition. Hilarious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?