Tuesday, October 11, 2011

For Those of Us Who Have a Hard Time Stopping

Doing nothing is so underrated. I'm not talking about watching tv or simply being lazy. I mean just completely, deliberately doing nothing. Most of us have a hard time shutting our brains down, which is exactly why we need to do it from time to time. Clear it out and stop the chatter.

My artist friends, yoga peeps and Eastern thinkers know what I'm talking about. But.. that doesn't mean that we always do it. I KNOW that I'd be better off if I just wold take some quiet time every day. Meditation, sitting in the sun...whatever. But do I do it? Um... I take about as much time out to meditate as I do to work out - hardly any. Meditating is to the mind and the soul what working out is to the body.  We need self care, people!!

On that note, I encourage you to go to http://www.donothingfor2minutes.com/ This is another site I found through stumbleupon.com. The url says it all: do nothing for 2 minutes. It's nice. Do it. Do it now. But first... lock your door, put up a "Do Not Disturb" sign, or connect your headphones to your computer. Whatever it takes to steal just 2 minutes for yourself. You can spare TWO minutes, right? Two undisturbed minutes for a mini-vacation... You deserve at LEAST two minutes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?