Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cool like Chrissie Hynde


This evening as I donned my jean jacket and black gloves for the first time this season, I couldn't help but think of the person who introduced me to that ultra hip slouchy-but-chic look way back in 1983; Chrissie Hynde.
I discovered Chrissie and the Pretenders when I was in high school (and was glued to FMTV - or Tele-Tunes - on channel 12 here in Denver). I not only loved her look and her sound...I wanted to be her. She was the ultimate cool. After seeing the Back in the Chain Gang video, I immediately ran out and bought some black gloves and a jean jacket.
So now 27 years later (yikes!!) and I'm still rockin the look. To a degree, anyway. The jacket has been updated and the gloves are knit instead of leather, but I still feel cool like Chrissie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?