Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 88, 100 Happy Days: Art on the Go

I love how circumstance and venue can change how we create. Travel is no excuse to slack on making art; in fact it's a perfect opportunity. I love looking back at work that I created while traveling, or came into being (directly) because I traveled. 

I just took a short trip to North Carolina, and travel by plane dictated that I bring art supplies that are portable. Oil pastels were my portable supplies of choice. 

I've not had a chance to do much sight-seeing, but just the drive from the airport to the hotel was beautiful. Trees everywhere, and snow (surprise)! 

I sat down with my pastels today, and suddenly a new little drawing appeared. A drawing that wouldn't have come into the world had I not taken this short trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?