Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 85, 100 Happy Days: Self Accpetance

Reminder notes: old school style.
My name is Tabetha and I am a weirdo. Yes, it's true.
(I believe that most of us think we're weirdos. And, perhaps we are.)

Today, I decided to embrace my weirdness. And I'm not talking about the cool weird stuff. I'm not talking any off-beat, counter-culture, against the grain, artist type of weird stuff. I'm not talking the "let your freak flag fly" kind of weird stuff.

I'm talking about the fact that I seem to need a crazy amount of down time. I'm talking about the fact that although I really do love people, I mostly just want to be alone. Sometimes I don't even want to be around animals when I'm pet sitting. Sometimes I need complete quiet and I can't even bear to listen to (gasp!) music.

But then, as much as I love to be alone... I also want a relationship. (Weirdo!) I believe this is the reason for my crazy number of canceled dates in the past two months. I'm sending mixed messages to the universe: I want a relationship... I want to be left alone! Stop go stop go.

In any case, it's who I am, or at least a part of who I am, and I've got to embrace it. Beating myself up about it and trying to be someone I'm not hasn't worked so well for me in the past.

So, I'm accepting my highly sensitive, weirdly extroverted-introverted self.

Oh by the way, the picture really has little to do with self acceptance. Except that I had a perfectly good iPhone right next to me with no less than four perfectly good apps where I could have stored the information I wrote on my hand, or put it on a list or made a reminder... but I went old school tech. Because that's the way I wanted to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?