Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 60, 100 Happy Days: Switcharoonie - New Use for Old Stuff

Operation "Spiff Up Tab's Studio" continues. The past two nights I dragged most of the stuff back into my studio.

It seems silly to me to go through all the effort of clearing the space out and painting every surface, only to put everything back the way it was. This was an opportunity to change things up - no matter how little those thing are.

So, I looked around my studio to see what was and wasn't working, and how I could make the most of what I had laying around. I came up with a switcharoonie so brilliant that I couldn't believe I hadn't thought it up before. I simply swapped shelves - back room (wall) paint shelves with studio bookshelves. I love it! My art books finally look like they deserve some respect. And the paint cans fit perfectly on their new shelves, and it freed up some room in that crowded back room.

Yay switcharoonie!

Also, I loved seeing all my latest Painting Soiree class paintings lined up on the wall. We're only a month into the new year and I have four new paintings to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?