Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 36, 100 Happy Days: Childhood Snack and an Adult Beverage

Most of the Tamales sank when I tried to rearrange for a better pic
I tell ya, today has been one of those days. Not bad, but... not good either. Just sort of a beginning of the week/beginning of the year/I haven't done much in the way of admin in a long time and my phone is ringing off the hook kind of a day. And everything needs to be done right now (or 2 weeks ago) and... you get the picture.

I've hardly left my desk today. And that is saying a lot since my desk is at home. It's probably been a 12-hour day. Luckily, I've learned from years of NOT taking breaks, how important breaks are, so I get up and move around a lot. If I don't, my body suffers. I even take little yoga breaks here and there - mini happys!

So finally, after I got enough stuff done tonight, and I could take no more, I decided that popcorn sounded like just the thing. And then I remembered the box of Hot Tamales (candy) that I got the other day normally I would not keep something like that around, but... it was only 49 cents... what was I to do?

Now, a lot of people think that I'm crazy, but back in the day (high school), my friend Jane and I would go to movies and mix Hot Tamales with our popcorn. YUM!! Hey - don't knock it 'til you try it! So I was super happy to make an old school snack at the end of my day. And I just happened to have some Kahlua on hand too. Perfect. Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?