Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happiness Project Day 83: I Am Trusting Again

This is a note that is taped to my computer. It's a reminder to stop over thinking. Basically it means: focus on what you want, and trust that it is on its way. This is the Law of Attraction in a nutshell. Ask and you shall receive.

What made me happy today was knowing that I am able to let go more and more these days. Great things have come my way, with more on the horizon. I am trusting again.

Of course, letting go is not always easy. It can be work, but it's worth it. The trick is to put your intention out there, and then get happy. Sounds simplistic, but... give it try. What have you got to lose? The worst thing that could happen is that you'll get happy.

So, these days I try to spend time every day writing about what I want. It's fun to dream, and it's good define what you want in life.

Also, I'm big on affirmations. I used to avoid affirmations because they felt like lies to me. But then I realized that we lie to ourselves every day. And we believe the lies - all the awful negative self-talk that seems to be on a continual loop in our brains. Or the crap we were (or are) told. When we hear things enough we start to believe them. We start to believe that we're not good enough, or that we're stupid, or unattractive or unlovable. And those are all lies.

So I say start saying positive things, even if they feel like lies. Even if it's uncomfortable. Keep saying them until you believe them. That's what I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?