Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happiness Project Day 77: Clean Clothes!

Stack o' Laundry
I really must say that although I was hardly unhappy today at all, I find myself having to look back on the day and see where the happy spots were. Some days it's easy to pick out a happy thing to write about - especially if it was a bad day overall - then the happy part really stands out. Then there are other days that have many things that make me happy and it's hard to choose just one to write about.

Today was just a solid day. Neither good nor bad. Hung around the house, did some cleaning and... I did three loads of laundry! Yes, that does make me happy. And this is not just clothes that I did. I also did the stuff that usually waits awhile (especially when one has to leave their residence and pay to do laundry). Things like sheets and towels got washed.

And on the topic of leaving one's residence... The last place I lived, I had to walk down a long hallway, into an elevator, across a lobby, and down another hallway to get to the laundry room. And then sometimes all of the washers would be taken!! Oh I would get so mad! My current apartment? Right next door to the laundry room. So I really can't complain - and it costs about .75 less per load than the last place too. Yes, remembering all of that makes me happy too! 

This was some old-school good-vibe music to do laundry to...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?