Friday, April 11, 2014

Happiness Project Day 65: Found Time

So... April 15th is speeding up on me and I've barely started my taxes. I'm generally a last-minute kind of a person - something about the pressure of a deadline causes me to focus, I guess. I've been thinking about taxes for months and thinking I should get to it, but I just couldn't bring myself to look at them until a few days ago.

Once I did, I found part of the reason I was procrastinating: by looking into last year's numbers I was faced with remembering how difficult last year was, all around. This, of course had the potential to catapult me out of any happiness I may have found in the past 60 days, right into the Pit Of Sadness.
What I'm finding though, is that the pit must be faced. Happiness is on the other side of that pit. Luckily, though I've found a ridge that crosses the pit. It takes me down into it, but not all the way down. It's rocky and there is a chance of tumbling back in, but if stay focused, I can make it across.

I saw a quote today that said "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations" True that.

Anyway, that was a ramble. My happy thing came today when I realized that a class that I thought took place tomorrow, is in fact on the 19th. I actually cheered when I discovered that. Also, I had scheduled a class (stupidly) for the 15th, and I found that no one has signed up yet! So that class can be moved.
Finding time definitely makes me happy!

Also, looking back at last year makes me remember how many people carried me through. The reason that I needed to be carried makes me sad, but the fact that everyone caught me as I was falling makes me SO happy.

Which reminds me of U2's song One: "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other."
Something else that makes me happy is to watch Mary J Blige sing. She's amazing to watch - so passionate. When she sings, I believe her. So, how great is it that I have her singing One (with U2)...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?