Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Right Song at The Right Time: The Shins Saved the Day

Have you ever heard the perfect song at the exact time that you needed to hear it?

That happened to me yesterday. I was driving along, feeling sad and woefully alone in the world. Then suddenly from the radio I heard:
 "I know that things can really get rough when you go it alone
   Don’t go thinking you gotta be tough, to play like a stone"

Just the words I needed to hear. I had never heard the song before, so I pulled over to Shazam it and found that it was "Simple Song" by The Shins.

Music is so powerful. 

Oh - and a note about my happiness project (should you be following)...
The project is definitely helping to lift me out of my funk. I still fall into it, fairly often. But because I'm blogging every day about being happy - because I have committed to doing it - I am looking for things that make me happy. And I find just the looking helps. A perspective shift can be a really good thing. I believe that it's my commitment to looking for things that make me happy that made me able to hear those lyrics, and that really helped my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?