Monday, February 24, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 19: I Am the Architect of My Life

 I found this bookmark today while looking thorough one of my mother's old yoga books. It was a nice reminder, at just the right time: You are the architect of your life. Simple but true, and so good to remember!
It's easy to fall into thinking that things just happen to us; that we have no control over our circumstances. And... sometimes that it true. Stuff happens. But we do have a say in how we react to what happens, and that can make all the difference in the world.

The funny thing about finding this bookmark is that I don't remember pulling the book out of a box to look at it. I was going through some of my mother's papers, and the next thing I knew, the book was on my desk. I'm sure I absentmindedly pulled it out with a whole bunch of papers, but still. It was cool to just see it laying there, and then to find the bookmark. It does feel like a message from beyond. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?