Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Happiness Project Day 17: Studio Time

Eclectic Women Getting Creative
You'd think that I'd spend a lot of time in my studio, being a working artist and all. Unfortunately, I don't spend nearly enough time there. Between marketing my classes, updating my various websites and pages, posting my work on ebay (and shipping), and generally trying to make a buck (all while doing the other stuff running a business entails) I don't have a whole lot of time to do what I love and really should be doing: painting.

Today was one of those lovely days when I was able to share my space with others, and get some studio time for myself. The best of both worlds.
First up was an abstract painting class with my Eclectic Woman's Fun Club (a great group of women who have meetups several times a week and do all kinds of great stuff - it's always nice to see them). Then later I was able to get a few hours of painting alone, and started on a new tree bark painting. I've been chomping at the bit to start another one!

I like to paint to music, and these days I'm listening to my collection album by album. Tonight was Bonnie Raitt, Carly Simon, and Chaka Khan (all "Best Of" albums - which makes sense as I'm listening to my music in alphabetical order by album name).

Day 17 Bonus: Chaka Khan. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?