Thursday, January 12, 2012

Do You See The Patterns?

"Microcosm"
Oil on Canvas 12x12
Tabetha Landt Hastings
This is wild stuff.
The stuff in this less than two minute video (below) is the stuff that blows my mind all the time. "Cities are like organisms, alleys are like capillaries."

This is what my painting "Microcosm" is all about. A couple of years ago I liked to take walks, and I started noticing all these great patterns in the natural world. One day I took a photo of a patch of tree bark,  blew it up and painted what I saw. The more I painted, the more I saw a whole world in the bark. Cities, neighborhoods, rivers, streams and forests. It was all right there. Like I was looking at the land from above. Wild.




This super fast moving video talks about the similarities in the patterns that are found in nature, the human made world, space, networking systems... it's all very interesting. And just for the fun of it, do a google image search for computer chip or circuit board, and see if you can see arial maps and three dimensional cities.


    .
TO UNDERSTAND IS TO PERCEIVE PATTERNS from jason silva on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?