Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stop Making Sense!

I love the Talking Heads.

When I saw their concert film "Stop Making Sense" the year I graduated high school, I felt like my eyes had been opened. We would go to the midnight movie at the Esquire in Denver and dance our asses off in the aisles.
Recently I started a painting based on the cover for the album of the same name. I tend to get a bit obsessed when painting musicians; I listen to their music constantly.  At the moment I'm on YouTube revisiting videos from the film, trying to decide which one to post. They're all so good! But I'm going with Girlfriend Is Better (aka Stop Making Sense) because he's wearing the big suit. (Why the big suit?) Scroll down to view painting in progress...

Enjoy!


Here is the painting I'm working on, and the original album cover below...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?