Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happiness Project Day 91: Ponytail and Permission to Chill

I started locking up my hair back in November of 2012, so I've had this head of hair for roughly a year and a half. (By coincidence, November of 2012 was the same month my mom got sick...)

For at least the past 8 months my hair has been at that awful in-between stage where it's in my face, but I can't pull it back. So I wear scarves or pigtails in an effort to get it out of the way. But today I discovered (by accident) that I can finally pull my hair back with one band. Yay!!
Life just got easier.

Another happy thing today: I gave myself permission to chill out for a few hours. I've been burning the candle at both ends for awhile, and forcing myself to work. There has been a little kid inside of me complaining and whining and fighting me at every turn. She's been throwing a fit screaming I DON'T WANNA WORK!!
Today I decided to listen to her. I stopped pushing myself, let go of everything I was going to do this afternoon (except for my 6:30 class), and chilled out. It made me crazy happy to do that! I walked into my bedroom and fell blissfully back into my bed like I was doing the Nestea plunge!

For you youngsters who don't know about the Nestea plunge...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?